- 1 day ago
Embroidering Nature’s Patterns with @meredithwoolnough
To see more of Meredith’s nature-inspired creations, follow @meredithwoolnough on Instagram.
“I have been collecting skeletonized leaves for as long as I can remember,” explains Australian artist Meredith Woolnough (@meredithwoolnough), whose elaborate embroideries mimic coral, leaves and other forms from nature. “I have always found inspiration in the natural world.”
Meredith’s particular method of embroidey is well-suited for patterns inspired by nature. “I work with a unique technique that allows me to create embroidered structures that exist without a base cloth. It’s not your typical embroidery.”
A near perfect Scribbly gum leaf Meredith found inspired her largest work to date. “I mapped out the internal structure of the leaf and translated the design into a dense network of stitches,” she says. “It took me months to complete and it almost sent me mad but I am so happy with how it turned out.”
(via craftdiscoveries)Source: instagram
I haven’t written about the glee spoilers that have come out mainly because I hate where the season is heading. But I did think of a silver lining…
Kurt in Ohio means more Burt! At least there better be in order to make up for everything else.
Now my disappointed thoughts on the rest (assuming they are true)
1) I don’t like the time jump. When they said there would be a time jump I was all for that thinking it would be like a couple years but to find out its only 6 months, that’s not really a big deal. They already did a six month time jump in the second half of last season before 5x14 New New York.
2) I would be fine with Rachel going back to teach New Directions at say the end of the season have her TV show fail and since she can’t go back to Broadway they could do a thing on how losing Finn changed her priorities or something…after course after losing her ego.
3a) Speaking of her ego why is she singing basically every song in the first episode?
3b) I’m probably the only person in the world who doesn’t like the song Let It Go, so I really don’t want to see Rachel singing it.
4) And the songs she isn’t signing Blaine is…another character who gets too many songs in my opinion
5) I’m fine with them breaking up Klaine since the writers did something to Blaine’s character that have made me dislike more and more over time…which I was originally a Blaine fan. But I don’t like how this break up is taking Kurt out of New York and back to Ohio. I think Kurt’s character developed really nicely while there. He became the NYADA star, had his own band and became the voice of reason for everyone else.
6) If Kurt is no longer in New York chances are we won’t be seeing a return of Adam Lambert. Sad.
7) I can’t see Blaine dating Karofsky. I’ve wanted him to be back ever since he left, just to get a little check-in on him since I didn’t think his story was done but I don’t see how he and Blaine could actually be together with those stupid pet names and everything. The only way I can justify it is if they are “pretend” dating trying to make Kurt jealous or something in an attempt to get Kurt to want Blaine back. But if that is what the writers are trying to do (remember this is just my own speculation at how this random thing can be happening) then wouldn’t it prove Kurt was right and they aren’t ready to get married since that would be a very immature thing to do.
8) Before Kurt comes back to Ohio I hope they have him dating at least and that’s when he figures out he wants to be with Blaine. I don’t want to see him break up with him and then decide to get back together with nothing else having happened to him.
9) They’ve tried introducing new high school kids in before and it didn’t work, at least that time they had too since half of the Glee Club graduated and they need to still meet the minimum requirements of members but no one really cared about those new characters, why will these high schoolers be any different?
Director James Marsh also reveals that Stephen’s voice plays a big part in his movie. “That felt like a real gift and it changed the film in real interesting…
- 2 days ago
Keira Knightly, Benedict Cumberbatch and Matthew Goode all share what drew them to Morten Tyldum’s movie about a mathematician who helps crack the Enigma cod…
- 2 days ago
Let us not forget one of the most important things about the Universal Monsters era: The Creature From The Black Lagoon was created by a woman, Milicent Patrick.
Nearly unheard of at the time, ms Patrick is responsible for creating one of the single most recognizable characters, not only in Universal history but in all of film history. She was an incredible talent and she should be honored as such.
(via gift-horse)Source: wolfmansgotnards
Together, we make the perfect Hell. “Deanmon” rises Tuesday, Oct. 7! Supernatural Season 10 Promo/Preview “Deanmon Rises” Supernatural Season 10 Official Des…
I CANNOT WAIT FOR KARAOKE!!!!